How to apply to Clifton School
Instructions for all applications:
Please upload the following documents in support of your application under Upload Family Documents feature:
- A copy of your son’s unabridged birth certificate
- A copy of a recent school report (if applicable)
- A signed copy of a consent for credit check document
Should you be making application for a bursary, please check the box to indicate which Grade you are applying for.
An Application Fee of R600.00 is required and should be paid into the following account:
Clifton School | Nedbank | Branch: 164826 | Acc: 1648137946
Ref: (Surname, Grade of Entry, Year of Entry)
Please upload a proof of payment of application fee.
Once your application is submitted and approved, the Admissions Secretary will acknowledge receipt of your completed application.
Where applicable, applicants and their parents will be invited to our Open Morning (Grades R-7) or Open Evening (Grade 8). These are usually held in early February/March each year.
Applicants from Grades R-3 will be invited to an interview with the Deputy: Foundation Phase, Grades 4-7 families will meet the Principal of the Preparatory School and appointments will be made for all Grades 8-12 applicants with the College Principal. The Deputy Principal: Marketing will take each family on a tour of the campus.
Upon acceptance, an Acceptance Fee will be required to secure the place. Please note that it is essential that we are notified of any changes in personal details in order to facilitate communication. This can be done via The Parent Portal.
GRADE R-7 PREP SCHOOL BURSARY
Partial tuition bursaries may be awarded to boys entering the Preparatory School from Grades R – 7. These bursaries, if awarded, will continue through to the end of the Grade 7 year.
PLEASE NOTE: You need to indicate which grade you are making an application for.
GRADE 8 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
Should you wish to apply for a scholarship for your son’s, please follow the above instructions for a general application and in addition, upload the following documents in support of your scholarship application under Upload Pupil Documents:
1. A CV to the application, in which you outline your son’s achievements in support of your submission. You do not need to include additional documentation or copies of certificates, although the School reserves the right to call for this document if necessary.
2. A short essay in which your son motivates your application for a scholarship. He should include his strong points and the value that he believes he will add to our school.